Skip to main content

Art Imitates Life?

In addition to talking (see Rina's Youtube Channel): ...I do also LOVE to write...its time for the BLOG-iness to happen. HEE!

LATEST OBSESSION: Copics and Greeting Farm

Here's a little secret from a Copic Newbie...coloring black hair whether you use the cool (C9, C7, C5, C3)or warm (W9, W7, W5, W3) grays is FAR MUCH EASIER to do than any other colored hair..WHY? because those ARE the colors you use (well those are the ones I use) - with the other colored hair there are so many color combos. what to chose? what to chose?  Brown Hair is my nemesis...have not mastered it yet... Anyhoo, this image was slightly DRAMA, I'll list the colors that I used but DISCLAIMER, these aren't the colors that you necessarily should use, but more the colors I have in my stash, and most of the time I cover up boo-boos with other colors so there you go, here is the list of the "madness"

Face - E50, E51
Eyelids, Shoes - E31, E34
Hair (Drama Part) - E31, E35, YR21, YR24, Y21
Pants - B12, B14
Shirt - W1, W00
Bandana, Patch on Pants - R02, R05
Belt - E25, E31

OH and back to the Art Imitates Life part...I wasn't going for the "tired" look on "Hugh" from the Greeting Farm, it just came out that way :(




More supplies...
Paper - My Minds Eye "La Paperie"
Stamps - Teresa Collins Celebrate Clear Stamps, The Greeting Farm "Hugh"
Sizzix Die - Ornate Tri Fold
Bling - Studio 18
Pinking Shears
Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Neenah Paper

later dudes,
rina

Comments

  1. so adorable! love your coloring! awesome card with the pennant banner and cute little stars and buttons. love it. thanks for sharing :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG SHE HAS A BLOG!!!!! LOL
    Welcome to bloggie land Rina girl. You'll find it's as addicting as YT. Sorry it's been so long since we've talked. Keep kicking those Copics! Looking forward to seeing what you make and post here. Hugs!~~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girlie,

    So excited you have a blog now. I am just getting into copics as well, and am learning to blend, browns are super hard for me. I don't have any black colors yet or grays, that is next on my list. Thanks for sharing girl!!

    Hugs,

    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you and all of us that you have a blog! I will be lurking and enjoying your snappy personality! Hugs, Janet =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart Hugh! I love the pennant too so cute and yummy! TFS Rina! ~CSG~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Clearly Besotted: Countdown Teaser, Day 1

Hi Everyone! Rina here, guesting for one of my favorite companies, Clearly Besotted .  I sure ADORE their plushy stamps and all of their cute images, and SCENES.  I absolutely had a blast making this fun shaker card.  I know we are all dreaming of spring, but I do love making some fun winter cards. These sea babies are the cutest, I feel like I love the manatee the most (which, I thought was a walrus but I digress, LOL). This stamp set is called "Sea You Plushies" and will be available on April 1st on the Clearly Besotted online store and Simon Says Stamp. I love that there are 2 of each animal.  Of course I like using all the stamps.  Which is your favorite? Its super easy to make a fun shaker frame by taking a basic rectangle die smaller than your card base and making a frame.  I like to make sure the double sided foam tape I am using fits easily onto my frame.  I filled my shaker with some leftover white foam balls from the holidays.  I also added mini gold st

Mama Elephant's #celebrating6years Anniversary Event

Happy Anniversary Mama Elephant!! This release is super SPECTACULAR and I was so happy to work with the Cool Penguins stamp set!  The set comes with the most adorable penguins getting ready to wrap some holiday gifts.  I used the Basic Rectangles die set to create a window opening as these penguin friends are going to wrap their gifts together.  I also really adore the sentiment that comes with the stamp set. I wanted to keep the coloring super simple on this card and used a few light colored Copic markers.  My favorite Copics are the ones that end in 0000 and 000 because I can achieve a light almost watercolor look.   Here are the colors I used: B00, RV02, RV23, YR00, YR000 To finish off the card I wanted to add the star banner from the  Sentiments from a Yeti  stamp set, its one of my all time favorite stamps.  The set also comes with a banner that is oh so cute.  I love stars on a background and used the Lots of Stars Creative Cuts die.  I ink blend

Pretty Pink Posh Product Release Blog Hop

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the Pretty Pink Posh Product Release Blog Hop! This release has a mixture of both whimsical, cute and elegant- there's something for everyone!  I am sharing this card using the Peacock Friends and Spring Frame Die !!! I adore this stamp set and the Spring Frame Die is quickly becoming one of my favorite Pretty Pink Posh Dies! I created this card with a light springy color palette in mind.  Watch the video here on the Pretty Pink Posh YouTube channel on how I created this card! Here are some pictures, isn't this the cutest peacock ever?   Thank you so much for participating and supporting all of the designers fabulous designs.  There are 4 $25 gift certificates up for grabs (two winners each day). Winners will be picked randomly along the  blog   hop . Comments must be left by  11:59 PM PST  on 3/13/2019. Winners will be announced on the Pretty Pink Posh  blog . Pretty